Scottsdale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Trusted Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Phoenix, Arizona
Your spinal cord is one of the most vital structures in your body. The spinal cord is the connection between your brain and all other areas of your body. If you suffer a spinal cord injury, your brain may not be able to communicate with the rest of your body. You can lose movement and sensation in one or more areas of your body. In catastrophic cases, spinal cord victims suffer total paralysis.
Because any type of injury to the spinal cord can be life-altering and catastrophic, it may be wise to seek legal representation from a Phoenix spinal cord injury lawyer if you suffered an injury to your spinal cord. Call 480-802-8232 for a free legal consultation to learn more about recovering compensation for your injury.
Causes of a Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries can happen for a variety of reasons. In many cases, the cause of a spinal cord injury is a personal injury accident. Motor vehicle accidents such as car, truck, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents can cause a person to suffer an injury to the spine. In addition, medical malpractice is another reason why someone suffers a spinal cord injury.
However, violence (i.e. assault and battery, gunshot, stabbing, etc.) and sports injuries can also cause spinal cord injuries. Physical contact sports, such as football and hockey, as well as sports with a risk of falls, such as gymnastics and skiing, can also cause an injury to the spine. Spinal cord injuries can also be caused by recreational activities like horseback riding and rock climbing.
If another party caused your injury, you should contact a personal injury law firm with experience in spinal cord injury claims to protect your best interests and legal rights. Because spinal cord injury victims suffer substantial pain and injury, in addition to great economic loss, developing an attorney-client relationship with an experienced Phoenix spinal cord injury attorney is very important.
Call 480-802-8232 to speak with our spinal cord injury lawyer. Our firm represents victims of life altering spinal injuries. We hear your story and help you hold the person who caused your injury accountable and liable for your losses, damages, and injuries.
Symptoms of a Spinal Cord Injury
Each case is different; however, some of the common signs of a spinal cord injury include:
- Loss of movement
- Tingling, numbness, or loss of sensation in the extremities (hands, feet, fingers, or toes)
- Changes in sexual function
- Extreme pressure or pain in the neck, back, or head
- Difficulty breathing
- Lack of bladder or bowel control
- Difficult clearing secretions from the lungs or coughing
- Oddly positioned neck or head
- Paralysis of any part of the body
- Lack of coordination or weakness
If you suffer a back injury, you should seek immediate medical attention. The sooner you are seen by a doctor, the better chance you have for recovery.
Proving Negligence and Damages in a Spinal Cord Injury Claim
If you suffered an injury to your spinal cord, you might be entitled to recover money for your damages. However, you must prove that the party who caused your injury was negligent. Some examples of negligence that could give rise to a personal injury claim include:
- Failing to perform diagnostic tests or making errors during surgery (medical malpractice)
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Pedestrians hit by a car
- Failing to repair broken stairs or clean up spills on the floor (premises liability)
- Driving while distracted or drowsy
- An accident on an amusement park ride (premises liability)
- Speeding, reckless driving, and road rage
- Mistakes in physical therapy (medical malpractice)
The above list is not an exhaustive list of negligent acts that could cause a spinal cord injury. Your Phoenix spinal cord injury attorney will investigate your claim to determine the responsible parties and to gather evidence that proves negligence.
Once you have established negligence, you may be required to provide evidence to substantiate your damages. Spinal cord injury victims typically suffer substantial damages because of the long-term medical treatment and personal care they will require over their lifetime.
In addition, a personal injury claim for a spinal cord injury typically includes damages such as:
- Past and present medical expenses
- Price of home health care
- Cost of medical equipment and medication
- Past and present lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Cost of speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy
- Emotional stress and mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life and diminished quality of life
- Compensation for a permanent impairment, such as paralysis, scarring, or disfigurement
It is very important to include all damages in the personal injury claim to increase your chance of receiving maximum compensation for your claim. A Phoenix Arizona spinal cord injury lawyer can assist you in preparing an injury claim that gives you the best chance of recovering a fair and just amount for your damages.
Call Our Firm to Schedule a Free Consultation with a Scottsdale Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Near You
We are a spinal cord injury law firm in Phoenix, Arizona. At Amar Esq. PLLC, we focus on providing strong trial lawyer and litigation abilities to ensure your voice is heard. Whether your matter settles or ends up at trial, we strive to regain the quality and enjoyment of life you deserve. Call 480-802-8232 to schedule a no-obligation case evaluation and free consultation with our spinal cord lawyer. For more information, you may also fill out the form below.