Scottsdale Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Holding Wrongdoers Responsible When Pedestrians Are Killed or Injured
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 5,300 people were killed in U.S. traffic accidents in 2015. 129,000 pedestrians had to be treated in emergency rooms that year. Pedestrians are one and a half times more likely to suffer a traffic accident fatality than car passengers. Pedestrians rely on the car, truck, SUV, and all other types of drivers to drive safely. Pedestrians simply have no protection if they are struck by a vehicle.
At Amar Esq. PLLC, our Scottsdale pedestrian accident lawyer assists pedestrians by holding the wrongdoing parties liable for the injuries they have caused. We demand negligent parties pay for pain and suffering, lost income, medical bills, disfigurement, and all other damages that justly compensate victims or their families for these terrible harms. In hit and run cases, our office works with the police or private investigators to track down the responsible parties.
Why Do Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
There’s no excuse for driving and hitting a pedestrian. Our Scottsdale pedestrian accident attorney understands that the common causes for pedestrian vehicle accidents are:
- Driving while distracted – Distracted drivers often fail to see other cars, let alone pedestrians.
- DUI – Driving while intoxicated, or under the influence of drugs, means the driver does not have control of the car, truck, or vehicle. Drunk drivers may not respond in time even when they see a pedestrian.
- Driving while fatigued – Sleepy drivers can lose complete control of their vehicle while it is in motion. This can create a serious threat of injury or even death to all pedestrians.
- Intersection accidents – Generally, pedestrians have the right to cross intersections (subject to certain warnings). All too often, drivers fail to obey traffic signals, run through stop signs, and fail to properly yield to the right of pedestrians to cross the street.
- Speeding and reckless driving – Drivers must obey posted speed limits and traffic regulations. Such regulations exist to protect pedestrians as well as others on the road.
Pedestrians can be killed or suffer catastrophic injuries if they happen to be too near the place where accidents between multiple vehicles occur.
Common Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Many pedestrians are killed in accidents involving motor vehicles. Survivors often suffer catastrophic and permanent injuries. Types of injuries pedestrians may experience include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Broken bones, bruises, and cuts
- Internal injuries
- Loss of limbs or amputations of body parts like a leg, arm, or foot
- Neck and back pain
- Muscle damage
- Torn or sprain ligaments
- Nerve damage
Who Can Be Held Liable For Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Negligent drivers can be held liable for the accidents they cause. Our Scottsdale pedestrian accident attorney works aggressively to determine if other parties can also be held liable. Claims may be brought against:
- The owners of the vehicles if the owners are different than the drivers
- Trucking companies that failed to properly supervise their drivers
- Taverns that served alcohol to a visibly intoxicated driver and that driver then struck a pedestrian
- Vehicle manufacturers when their defective automobiles failed to enable a car or other motor vehicle to stop, steer, or avoid an accident.
Consult a Pedestrian Accident Attorney Near You
Pedestrian injuries require the injured victim to seek medical care. Some injuries require multiple surgeries. Serious injuries can leave the pedestrian completely disabled and unable to earn a living. Many pedestrian victims need extensive rehabilitative, occupational, physical, and emotional therapy.
At Amar Esq. PLLC, our Scottsdale pedestrian accident lawyer fights towards obtaining the maximum compensation the injured victim or their family rightfully deserves. Our office works with many professionals including doctors and expert witnesses to verify the cause of the accident and the full extent of the injuries. We focus on providing effective trial lawyer and litigation abilities to ensure your voice is heard. Whether your matter settles or ends up at trial in front of a jury, we strive to regain the quality and enjoyment of life you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation with our law office, please call 480-802-8232. We take pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis.