Scottsdale Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Holding Wrongdoers Responsible When Vulnerable Pedestrian Are Killed or Injured
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 5,300 people were killed in U.S. traffic accidents in 2015. 129,000 pedestrians had to be treated in emergency rooms that year. Pedestrians are one and a half times more likely to suffer a traffic accident fatality than car passengers.
Pedestrians rely on the car, truck, SUV, and all types of drivers, to drive safely. Pedestrians simply have no protection if they are struck by a vehicle. At Amar Esq. PLLC, our Scottsdale pedestrian accident lawyer protects pedestrians by holding drivers, vehicle owners, and others responsible parties liable for the accidents they cause. We demand negligent parties pay for pain and suffering, lost income, all medical bills, disfigurement, and all damages, that justly compensate victims and their families, for these terrible wrongs.
In hit and run cases, we work with the police and with our investigators to track down the responsible parties.
Why Do Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
There’s no excuse for driving and hitting a pedestrian. Our Scottsdale pedestrian accident attorney understands that the common causes for pedestrian vehicle accidents are:
- Driving while distracted – Distracted drivers often fail to see other cars; let alone pedestrians
- DUI – Driving while intoxicated, or under the influence of drugs, means the driver does not have control of the car, truck, or vehicle. Drunk drivers cannot respond in time, or correctly, even when they see a pedestrian.
- Driving while fatigued – Sleepy drivers must get off the road before they kill someone
- Intersection accidents – Generally, pedestrians have the right to cross intersections (subject to certain warnings). All too often, drivers fail to obey traffic signals, run through stop signs, and fail to properly yield to the right of pedestrians to cross the street.
- Speeding and reckless driving – Drivers must obey the Arizona speed limits and traffic regulations. The regulations exist to protect pedestrians as well as other drivers.
Pedestrians can also be killed or suffer catastrophic injuries if they happen to be too near the place where accidents between multiple vehicles occur.
Common Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Many pedestrians are killed in vehicle accidents. Survivors often suffer catastrophic and permanent injuries. Some of the injuries pedestrians suffer include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Broken bones, bruises, and cuts
- Internal injuries
- Loss of a leg, arm, foot, or hand
- Neck and back pain
- Muscle damage
- Torn or sprain ligaments
- Nerve damage
Who Can Be Held Liable For Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Negligent drivers can be held liable for the accidents they cause. Our Scottsdale pedestrian accident attorney works aggressively to determine if other parties can also be held liable. We sometimes bring claims against:
- The owners of the vehicles if the owners are different than the drivers
- Trucking companies that failed to properly supervise their drivers
- Taverns that served alcohol to a visibly intoxicated driver and that driver then struck a pedestrian
- Vehicle and vehicle parts manufacturers, if their defective products failed to enable a car or other vehicle to stop, to steer, or otherwise caused an accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Pedestrian Accident Attorney Near You
Each injury requires that the pedestrian get medical care. Some injuries require multiple surgeries. Serious injuries can leave the pedestrian completely disabled and unable to earn a living. Many pedestrian victims need extensive rehabilitative, occupational, physical, and emotional therapy. At our law office, our Scottsdale pedestrian accident lawyer fights to get victims, and the families of loved ones killed by the wrongful death of another, all the compensation they rightfully deserve. We work with many professionals including your doctors and others to verify the cause of the accident and the full extent of the injuries.
We are a pedestrian accident law firm located in Scottsdale, Arizona. We focus on providing effective trial lawyer and litigation abilities to ensure your voice is heard. Whether your matter settles or ends up at trial in front of a jury, we strive to regain the quality and enjoyment of life you deserve. To schedule a free consultation please call 480-802-8232. We take pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis.