PHOENIX MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Attorney Providing Legal Representation to Riders in Motorcycle Accident Cases
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Statistics, the number of motorcycle deaths per mile traveled in 2014 was 27 times that for car travel. Motorcycle accidents cause a disproportionate number of fatalities, brain injuries, and serious injuries because the motorcycle offers no real protection for the motorcycle rider or passenger. When a motorcycle crash occurs the riders usually fall or get thrown to the ground or onto other vehicles.
Helmets and other safety gear can offer some protection, but if a hard motorcycle accident occurs it is probable the rider will either die or need lengthy medical care. Common motorcycle injuries include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, paralysis, broken bones, internal bleeding, nerve damage, and other harms. At the law office of Amar Esq. PLLC, our Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney is dedicated to getting families of deceased riders, and the survivors of motorcycle accidents, the maximum award or settlement the law allows. Our injury lawyer seeks pain and suffering amounts that match the changes in your life, payment of all medical bills, fair compensation for disfigurement and scarring, lost wages, and property damage. In especially reckless cases, we ask for punitive damages.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accident Cases
Some of the more common reasons for motorcycle accidents in Arizona include:
- Car driver negligence – Car drivers often do not look for motorcycles in the same way they do cars. When a car driver does see a motorcycle rider, it often misjudges the speed of the motorcycle and the ability of the motorcycle operator to turn, pass, stop, or handle emergencies. If a car driver is talking on the cell phone, driving while drunk, speeding, or not fully focused on the road, the inability to respond to a motorcycle driver is compounded. Car drivers often fail to check their mirrors to see motorcycle riders. They tend to think if they can’t hear the motorcycle, then a motorcycle must not be nearby.
- Bad road conditions – While cars and trucks can ride over potholes and dead animals, those obstacles are a unique hazard for motorcycle riders. In the same manner, a change in road surface, rain, oil slicks, or other unusual road surfaces, make it much easier for a motorcycle rider to lose control.
- Defective motorcycle parts – If the brakes don’t work, the throttle doesn’t adjust properly, the steering mechanism fails, or another part of the motorcycle is defective, then anyone injured because of the defect, may be able to bring a product liability suit. Our Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer understands how to prove a product liability defect. Our injury lawyer brings claims against manufacturers, distributors, or retailers that could be held responsible for the harms caused.
Motorcycle riders are also likely to ride under a truck if the motorcycle crashes with the truck. Under-ride accidents are often deadly and more common than people think.
Proving Responsibility to Obtain Compensation For Your Injuries
At Amar Esq. PLLC, our Phoenix motorcycle attorney works with investigators to determine how the motorcycle accident happened and who should be held responsible. Many people or businesses can be responsible for a motorcycle crash in addition to the driver of a car, truck, bus, or other larger vehicle. Some other defendants that can be liable for a motorcycle crash may include:
- Other motorcycle riders;
- The owners of another car that caused the accident can be liable for any injuries or deaths caused by anyone they let use their vehicle;
- In defective product cases, any entity that participated in the supply or sale of the defective motorcycle (provided the defect caused the injuries) can be liable;
- Any vendor that sold liquor to a person who was visibly intoxicated if the intoxication caused the motorcycle accident can be liable. This includes the motorcycle rider or anyone else who caused the accident;
- A shipping or trucking company that negligently failed to supervise its drivers;
- The state, a county, a town, the department of transportation, a government agency, or a private contractor that failed to properly maintain the roadway where the motorcycle accident occurred.
Passengers on motorcycles can also potentially sue the motorcycle operator if the rider caused the accident. If an insurance company is involved, our Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer constantly strives towards obtaining the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near You
If a loved one was killed in motorcycle accident, family members have the right to bring a wrongful death action against the wrongdoer. If you fell or were thrown from your motorcycle, you may need extensive medical care for pain and suffering that could last a lifetime. At Amar Esq. PLLC, our Scottsdale motorcycle accident attorney fights to hold irresponsible parties liable for the death or injuries they have caused. Our Scottsdale motorcycle accident lawyer prepares each case for a jury trial to strive towards obtaining the compensation you deserve. Our injury lawyer offers initial consultations at no cost to discuss your motorcycle accident case. To schedule a meeting with a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer near you contact 480.802.8232 or complete the contact form below.