Scottsdale ATV Accident Lawyer
ATV Accident Attorney in Arizona
All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are popular in Arizona. These vehicles are often used for recreational or business purposes. A mistake that many people make when riding an ATV is failing to realize that this vehicle is not a toy. It is a motor vehicle capable of causing severe injury and death. Thousands of people are injured each year in ATV accidents. Our Scottsdale ATV accident lawyer assists individuals in filing injury claims seeking compensation for their injuries from an ATV accident.
Common Causes of ATV Accidents in Arizona
An ATV accident can occur for a variety of reasons. Because of the low level of physical protection offered by an ATV, much like with a motorcycle, an ATV rider can suffer traumatic injuries, including brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. Therefore, it is important for an ATV rider to understand some of the common causes of ATV accidents, so the rider can take precautions to reduce the risk of severe injury from an accident.
Common causes include:
- Drinking while operating an ATV or immediately before riding an ATV;
- Carrying passengers on an ATV;
- Using illegal or prescription drugs while riding;
- Speeding and reckless driving, which can cause rollovers and crashes;
- Distracted driving;
- Being hit by another ATV or motor vehicle;
- Driving on a roadway;
- Defective parts;
- Failing to use a helmet can increase the risk of brain injuries; and,
- Underage drivers.
Taking a safety course before operating an ATV can help reduce the risk of a serious ATV accident. However, if an accident occurs, the victim should contact an ATV accident lawyer to discuss their legal options for filing an injury claim. The victim may be entitled to receive compensation for damages, including lost wages, property damage, medical bills, physical pain, and emotional suffering.
Common Injuries Sustained in ATV Accidents
As mentioned above, an ATV offers very little protection to riders from being injured during an accident. Therefore, the injuries sustained in an ATV accident can be traumatic and life-threatening. In many cases, the victim may suffer permanent injury or death from an accident.
Common injuries sustained in ATV accidents include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) and other head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Severe burns and lacerations
- Broken bones and fractures
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Internal bleeding and damage to internal organs
- Neck and back injuries
Regardless of the severity of the injuries, an ATV accident victim should seek immediate medical attention after a crash.
Contact an Arizona ATV Accident Attorney for Help
Call Amar Esq. PLLC at 480-802-8232 to request a free consultation and no-obligation case evaluation.