PHOENIX ELECTROCUTION INJURY ATTORNEY
Compassionate Help for Electrocution Victims and Their Families
Electrocutions are usually fatal because the victim suffers cardiac arrest when the electric current affects the heart. If someone dies to an electrocution, a wrongful death claim can be brought by the family of the deceased victim against the wrongdoers. Families of employees can bring a claim against the employer. Electrical injuries can also cause burns and electrical shocks. Electrical contact can cause nerve, muscle, and tissue damage.
Many times, the electrical shock or burn (if the victim survives) causes the victim to fall. Other injuries include loss of consciousness, broken bones, vision or hearing loss, respiratory problems, seizures, and numbness.
At the Phoenix electrocution injury law firm of Amar Esq. PLLC, our Arizona electrocution lawyer understands what causes electrocution accidents and who is responsible. Our team fights for spouses, children, and parents who no longer have the comfort, support, and guidance of their loved one. We fight for all victims to get compensation for their pain and suffering, lost income, and each and every medical bill.
Common Reasons Why Electrocution Accidents Happen
Electrocution accidents can happen at many different locations. Common sites for electrocution accidents include construction sites, utility sites, and anywhere there are wires that carry electric current. Common examples of electrocutions that our Arizona electrocution attorney handles include:
- Contact with an overhead line, an underground line, or an active or downed power line
- Accidentally touching the source of an exposed electrical current such as a wall outlet
- Being struck by lightning
- Using a defective electrical product such as a hair dryer
- Coming into contact with power lines
- Using a jackhammer or shovel which strikes and underground line
- Faulty wiring in a home, building, construction site, or any location where there is lighting
- Flying a kite or climbing up a tree
- Using unsafe kitchen tools or industrial machines
- Fatalities are often associated with coming into contact with high voltage power lines. When a worker is high off the ground and closer to electrical wire, the worker is more likely to contact a deadly line. High sites include workers on cranes, scaffolding, and ladders
Why a Business or Individual May be Liable For the Electrocution Injury They Caused
Some of the legal justifications for bringing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against wrongdoers include:
- Premises liability – If a business failed to take proper precautions, failed to warn users of unsafe conditions, and failed to make necessary repair or was otherwise negligent; the business can be held liable if it owed a duty of care to the person who died or who was injured. Our Scottsdale electrocution lawyer also works to determine if any OSHA, National Electric Safety Code, or other safety laws were not followed; or, if there was any other type of negligence involved. Property owners should regularly inspect their premises for electrical dangers.
- Product liability – If a machine such as industrial equipment is defective and that defect caused the injuries, then the wrongdoers can be held accountable. Wrongdoers include manufacturers and any company that was involved in the sale of the product to a consumer. A product is defective if it was poorly designed, not made correctly, or if the instructions on how to use it were wrong/incomplete.
- Worker’s compensation – Generally, employees who are electrocuted at work can hold the employer responsible for 2/3 of their average weekly wage loss (up to a preset number of weeks) and for all necessary medical bills. Families of deceased employees can also claim damages be paid by the employer or its insurance company.
Speak With a Respected Arizona Electrocution Attorney Near You
We are an electrocution injury law firm in Phoenix, Arizona. At Amar Esq. PLLC, we focus on providing effective trial lawyer and litigation abilities to ensure your voice is heard. Whether your matter settles or ends up at trial in front of a jury, we strive to regain the quality and enjoyment of life you deserve. Damages for wrongful death cases include the loss of the society, comfort, and support the loved one would have provided the family member; the family member’s pain and suffering; and, many other damages. At the AZ injury law firm of Amar Esq. PLLC, our Arizona electrocution attorney brings wrongful death claims when appropriate. We also bring claims for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical costs, disfigurement, loss of consortium, and other damages on behalf of the survivors and their spouses. Punitive damages may apply. To speak with experienced counsel now, please contact 480.802.8232 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment. We take electrocution accident cases on a contingency fee basis.